PhD in Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, USA
MD in Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai China
Sean Xie’s team is known for development of renowned diseases domain-specific chemogenomics knowledgebases technology. This is an integrated platform of “Big Data to Knowledge” computational chemogenomics-based target identification and system pharmacology for translational research. His recent work on Alzheimer’s disease specific chemogenomics database (www.CBLigand.org/AD/) was on 2014 coverpage story of a top ACS journal. The innovation work includes GPU-accelerated cloud computing TargetHunter for drug target identification (www.CBLigand.org/TargetHunter) (2013 AAPS special theme issue). His lab was the first discovered INK4C-targeting small molecule inhibitors for hematopoietic stem cell expansion (Nature Comm 2015, Impact Factor 11.47; Sci Reports, 2015, IF 5.578), was the first discovered p62ZZ chemical inhibitors for multiple myeloma (Nature Leukemia 2015, IF 10.43), and also reported novel ligands specific to cannabinoid CB2 receptor for osteoporosis and multiple myeloma (JMC, PNAS). He is a recipient of 2014 AAPS Award for Outstanding Research Achievements.
- Xie, XQ*, Yang P, Zhang Y, Zhang P, Wang L, Ding YH, Yang M, Tong Q, Cheng HZ, McGuire T, Yuan WP, Cheng T and Gao YD. “Discovery of novel INK4C small-molecule inhibitors to promote human and murine hematopoietic stem cell ex vivo expansion” Scientific Reports (Nature), 2015, 5:18115, DOI: 10.1038/srep18115.
- Gao Y, Yang P, Shen HM, Yu H, Xie ZJ, Zhang L, Bartlow P, Ji Q, Ding Y, Wang L, Liu H, Ma H, Hao S, Dong F, Li Y, Zhang P, Cheng H, Liang PH, Miao W, Yuan Y, Cheng T* and Xie XQ* “Small-molecule inhibitors targeting INK4 protein p18INK4C enhance ex vivo expansion of haematopoietic stem cells”, Nature Communication, 2015 Feb 18;6:6328. PubMed PMID: 25692908.
- Teramachi J, Rebecca S, Yang P, Zhao W, Mohammad K, Guo JX, Anderson HL, Zhou D, Feng R, Myint KZ, Maertz N, Beumer JH, Eiseman, JL, Windle JL, Xie XQ*, Roodman D*, Kurihara N*. “Blocking the ZZ Domain of Sequestosome1/p62 Suppresses Myeloma Cell Growth and Osteoclast Formation In Vitro and Induces Dramatic New Bone Formation in Myeloma-Bearing Bones In Vivo” Leukemia (Nature) 2015, Aug 19. (doi: 10.1038/leu.2015.229) PMID:26286116 (*co-correspondents).
- Liu, HB, Wang, L, Su, WW and Xie* XQ., ALzPlatform: An Alzheimer’s Disease Domain-Specific Chemogenomics Knowledgebase for Polypharmacology and Target Identification Research. J Comput Info Modeling. 2014, Mar 5, 54(4):1050-60. PMID:24597646; PMCID: PMC4010297; doi: 10.1021/ci500004h. Epub 2014 Mar 20. (Invited Journal Coverpage of the issue).
- Wang L, Ma C, Wipf P, Liu H, Su W and Xie XQ*. “TargetHunter: An In Silico Target Identification Tool for Predicting Therapeutic Potential of Small Organic Molecules Based on Chemogenomic Database”. AAPS J. 2013, Jan 5, 15, 395-406 doi: 10.1208/s12248-012-9449-z, PMID:23292636; PMCID: PMC3675739 (AAPS Special theme issue)