PharmD – pharmacology, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
PhD – pharmacology, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
Post-Doc - pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA
DABT – Toxicology, American Board of Toxicology
In his role as Director of the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute’s Cancer Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Facility, which also functions as the core facility of the NSABP-RTOG-GOG (NRG) and ALLIANCE, Dr. Beumer is intimately involved in the design, execution, supervision and data analysis of numerous pharmacokinetic and metabolic studies of anti-cancer drugs covering the entire spectrum from preclinical to clinical phase II studies. He is co-PI on one of only 5 NCI N01 Animal Pharmacology Contracts, and is co-PI of one of only 11 NCI/CTEP ETCTN UM1 Phase I Grants. Dr. Beumer has published over 100 manuscripts in various peer-reviewed journals.
- Lee JJ, Seraj J, Yoshida K, Mizuguchi H, Strychor S, Fiejdasz J, Faulkner T, Parise RA, Fawcett P, Pollice L, Mason S, Hague J, Croft M, Nugteren J, Tedder C, Sun W, Chu E, Beumer JH. Human Mass Balance Study of TAS-102 Using 14C Analyzed by Accellarator Mass Spectrometry. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2016. 77(3): 515-526. PMCID: PMC4767595.
- Parise RA*, Eiseman JL, Clausen DM, Kicielinski KP, Hershberger PA, Egorin MJ, Beumer JH. Characterization of the metabolism of benzaldehyde dimethane sulfonate (NSC 281612, DMS612). Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology 2015. 76(3): 537-546. PMCID: PMC4545378.
- Holleran JL, Beumer JH, McCormick DL, Johnson WD, Newman EM, Doroshow JH, Kummar S, Covey JM, Davis M, Eiseman JL. Oral and intravenous pharmacokinetics of 5-fluoro-2’-deoxycytidine and THU in cynomolgus monkeys and humans. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2015; 76(4): 803-811. PMCID: PMC4573928.
- Beumer JH, Ding F, Tawbi H, Lin Y, Viluh D, Chatterjee I, Rinker M, Chow SL, Ivy SP. Effect of renal dysfunction on toxicity in three decades of CTEP-sponsored single-agent phase I studies. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2016. 34(2): 110-116.
- Christner SM, Parise RA, Levine ED, Rizvi NA, Gounder MM, Beumer JH. Quantitative method for the determination of iso-fludelone (KOS-1803) in human plasma by LC-MS/MS. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2014; 100: 199-204. PMCID: PMC4179924.